Shop Local: Lucy Frazer MP urges shoppers to support small businesses
MP Lucy Frazer visited some of Ely’s independent shops for Small Business Saturday.
The MP for South East Cambridgeshire heard how they are trading safely and have adapted to this year’s challenges.
For Small Business Saturday, she posted on Facebook: “... perhaps more than ever, this year it is important that we shop local and support our traders and entrepreneurs.”
The Ely businesses she visited were the children’s clothes shop Little Roos, independent department store Cutlacks, sewing supply shop Sew Much to Do, beautician Fore Beauty and the independent clothes shop Jensen’s.
“I picked up some great Christmas gifts for family and friends,” Ms Frazer said.
“Please support in person our local businesses where you can or make use of delivery and click and collect services that many have put in place.”
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 7 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 8 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 9 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police