Shop Local: Lucy Frazer MP urges shoppers to support small businesses
MP Lucy Frazer visited some of Ely’s independent shops for Small Business Saturday.
The MP for South East Cambridgeshire heard how they are trading safely and have adapted to this year’s challenges.
For Small Business Saturday, she posted on Facebook: “... perhaps more than ever, this year it is important that we shop local and support our traders and entrepreneurs.”
The Ely businesses she visited were the children’s clothes shop Little Roos, independent department store Cutlacks, sewing supply shop Sew Much to Do, beautician Fore Beauty and the independent clothes shop Jensen’s.
“I picked up some great Christmas gifts for family and friends,” Ms Frazer said.
“Please support in person our local businesses where you can or make use of delivery and click and collect services that many have put in place.”
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 8 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 9 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 10 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle