Shop Local: Lucy Frazer MP urges shoppers to support small businesses
MP Lucy Frazer visited some of Ely’s independent shops for Small Business Saturday.
The MP for South East Cambridgeshire heard how they are trading safely and have adapted to this year’s challenges.
For Small Business Saturday, she posted on Facebook: “... perhaps more than ever, this year it is important that we shop local and support our traders and entrepreneurs.”
The Ely businesses she visited were the children’s clothes shop Little Roos, independent department store Cutlacks, sewing supply shop Sew Much to Do, beautician Fore Beauty and the independent clothes shop Jensen’s.
“I picked up some great Christmas gifts for family and friends,” Ms Frazer said.
“Please support in person our local businesses where you can or make use of delivery and click and collect services that many have put in place.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road