Shop Local: Lucy Frazer MP urges shoppers to support small businesses
MP Lucy Frazer visited some of Ely’s independent shops for Small Business Saturday.
The MP for South East Cambridgeshire heard how they are trading safely and have adapted to this year’s challenges.
For Small Business Saturday, she posted on Facebook: “... perhaps more than ever, this year it is important that we shop local and support our traders and entrepreneurs.”
The Ely businesses she visited were the children’s clothes shop Little Roos, independent department store Cutlacks, sewing supply shop Sew Much to Do, beautician Fore Beauty and the independent clothes shop Jensen’s.
“I picked up some great Christmas gifts for family and friends,” Ms Frazer said.
“Please support in person our local businesses where you can or make use of delivery and click and collect services that many have put in place.”
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute