Mother and daughter team up
Mother and daughter team Karen and Sydney Walker are opening a gift shop and florist s side by side at Ely Railway Station this week. Karen has years of training at a top London florist behind her, and decided to make use of the empty business unit to th
Mother and daughter team Karen and Sydney Walker are opening a gift shop and florist's side by side at Ely Railway Station this week.
Karen has years of training at a top London florist behind her, and decided to make use of the empty business unit to the left of the station entrance to set up shop.
"We saw great potential in Ely station, with a large flow of people coming through every day," she said.
"The supermarket giants fail to offer the highest quality flowers presented in a unique and stylish way, but our bouquets are just that.
You may also want to watch:
"Each bouquet is individually gift boxed and wrapped so it can be handed to the recipient without the embarrassment of ugly packaging or hasty wrapping, but with the complete ease that comes with picking up a present on the way to your train destination."
Karen Walker Floristry does not just cater for the commuter, however. Karen has experience in catering for large events, be it weddings, corporate hospitality or even dinner parties and can make an appointment to suit her client to discuss the theme for the event, right down to the last petal. All flowers are ethically sourced, and have not travelled miles to get here.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 6 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 7 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
Daughter Sydney is also bucking High Street trends by creating a unique gift shop, where everything sold has been manufactured in the UK.
Many products are sourced from new up-and-coming designers with original ideas, and Sydney herself has produced a range of unique greetings cards.
INFO: Karen Walker Floristry and English Rose Gifts are at Ely Railway Station, off Station Road, Ely. To contact Karen or Sydney, telephone 01353 665535 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours: 9am-7pm Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday.