More plans submitted for industrial units in Littleport
NEW industrial units could be build on agricultural land in Littleport under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Land owner David Watson has applied to convert 4,000sq m of agricultural land at the rear of Woodlands Business Park, in Wisbech Road, into two new business units and storage for farm machinery.
Architects Tony Walton Design said: “The owner has been approached by several applicants for new start up industrial units and he has need to site his farm machinery close to his offices.
“This extension to the site, whilst using existing agricultural land, would be well screened with the addition of earth bunding and landscaping works to minimise visual impact.”
The architect added that the development would also create additional local employment in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The application comes just weeks after Soham businessman Jonthan James announced his intention to build a £3million business park on a three-acre site adjoining the award-winning Wisbech Road BP/spar forecourt on the A10.
A decision is expected on both applications within the coming eight weeks. To see both plans, or to have your say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online