Milestone for business centres marked
E-SPACE business centres in East Cambridgeshire have been celebrating 10 years of helping companies to start, grow and succeed.
To celebrate their tenth anniversary, businesses past and present were invited back to a special evening where they heard from Walter Herriot, a key contributor to the Cambridge technology growth of the past 30 years.
In his speech, Walter gave the centres a glowing tribute and stressed the important role of business hubs in helping local companies thrive.
The e-space centres are designed to help small companies grow and prosper with over 30 firms having out grown the centres since they opened in 2001. These firms have involved a diverse range of industries from web designers, social enterprises and communications/IT businesses including: Addictive Interactive, ST1 Consulting, Ozmo Devices, Asynt, Kore Technology.
Cllr Peter Moakes, Leader at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “The e-space centres have made a real difference to business growth in East Cambridgeshire. Over the last ten years, a number of companies have started in the building, survived their first year and have then grown from strength to strength. When firms start they don’t just need office space they need simple things like IT infrastructure, reception and postal services where the e-space centres have an excellent reputation.
“As a council run asset, it is important that the centres are well run and offer value for money but I judge their success on whether they have created jobs and supported the local economy. Talking to the various people at the tenth anniversary event I think e-space has well and truly succeeded in this role. In these difficult economic times it is very important that we continue to support our business centres to create the jobs we need to be a catalyst for growth in our nation’s economy.”
The e-space business centres are serviced offices for any small and growing business looking to rent office space in Ely and Littleport near Cambridge:
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
INFO: To find out more about e-space business centres please call 01353 865300 or visit www.espaceely.com.