Milestone for business centres marked
E-SPACE business centres in East Cambridgeshire have been celebrating 10 years of helping companies to start, grow and succeed.
To celebrate their tenth anniversary, businesses past and present were invited back to a special evening where they heard from Walter Herriot, a key contributor to the Cambridge technology growth of the past 30 years.
In his speech, Walter gave the centres a glowing tribute and stressed the important role of business hubs in helping local companies thrive.
The e-space centres are designed to help small companies grow and prosper with over 30 firms having out grown the centres since they opened in 2001. These firms have involved a diverse range of industries from web designers, social enterprises and communications/IT businesses including: Addictive Interactive, ST1 Consulting, Ozmo Devices, Asynt, Kore Technology.
Cllr Peter Moakes, Leader at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “The e-space centres have made a real difference to business growth in East Cambridgeshire. Over the last ten years, a number of companies have started in the building, survived their first year and have then grown from strength to strength. When firms start they don’t just need office space they need simple things like IT infrastructure, reception and postal services where the e-space centres have an excellent reputation.
You may also want to watch:
“As a council run asset, it is important that the centres are well run and offer value for money but I judge their success on whether they have created jobs and supported the local economy. Talking to the various people at the tenth anniversary event I think e-space has well and truly succeeded in this role. In these difficult economic times it is very important that we continue to support our business centres to create the jobs we need to be a catalyst for growth in our nation’s economy.”
The e-space business centres are serviced offices for any small and growing business looking to rent office space in Ely and Littleport near Cambridge:
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
INFO: To find out more about e-space business centres please call 01353 865300 or visit www.espaceely.com.