Merger will create one of region’s largest firms
ELY’S longest established law firm, Archer & Archer has announced that it is to merge with King’s Lynn and Swaffham-based lawyers, Ward Gethin, a move which will create one of the largest legal practices in the region.
Founded in 1785 and occupying a premises on Ely’s Market Place, Archer & Archer has built its reputation by providing solid legal services to businesses, families and individuals in the region
John Thorogood, a partner at Archer & Archer, said: “Both practices are firmly rooted in their communities with a deep understanding of the areas we serve.
“We understand the people, the businesses and the unique culture of our region and by coming together to form Ward Gethin Archer we will be able to offer our skills and services to a much wider client base.
Chris Dewey, a partner at Ward Gethin, added: “We are delighted to be bringing our two firms together. This announcement is fantastic news for all of our clients and the region as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
“We share many of the same values and objectives and this merger means that our respective clients will have access to a wider pool of legal talent, and at the same time giving us a strong platform for future growth.”
The firms joined forces from May 1 and will be led by John Thorogood from Archer & Archer and Chris Dewey from Ward Gethin.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online