Merger will create one of region’s largest firms
ELY’S longest established law firm, Archer & Archer has announced that it is to merge with King’s Lynn and Swaffham-based lawyers, Ward Gethin, a move which will create one of the largest legal practices in the region.
Founded in 1785 and occupying a premises on Ely’s Market Place, Archer & Archer has built its reputation by providing solid legal services to businesses, families and individuals in the region
John Thorogood, a partner at Archer & Archer, said: “Both practices are firmly rooted in their communities with a deep understanding of the areas we serve.
“We understand the people, the businesses and the unique culture of our region and by coming together to form Ward Gethin Archer we will be able to offer our skills and services to a much wider client base.
Chris Dewey, a partner at Ward Gethin, added: “We are delighted to be bringing our two firms together. This announcement is fantastic news for all of our clients and the region as a whole.
“We share many of the same values and objectives and this merger means that our respective clients will have access to a wider pool of legal talent, and at the same time giving us a strong platform for future growth.”
The firms joined forces from May 1 and will be led by John Thorogood from Archer & Archer and Chris Dewey from Ward Gethin.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended