COLUMN: MP Lucy Frazer outlines grants available to businesses during coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
I recently took part in a virtual meeting of the Ely Cathedral Business Group and spoke with business owners about their concerns as well as offering the latest advice and support that is available for employers and employees.
I am passing all concerns and specific questions raised with me to the relevant Government departments, so please do continue to let me know if you or your business have a specific concern that I can help with.
I know that many businesses and individuals are impacted by this terrible virus and the ongoing disruption. But you are not alone.
There is good support available for businesses that are struggling at this time, with many funding options on the table.
For example, the coronavirus job retention scheme has been extended by a month until the end of June, providing financial support for many more employees.
You may also want to watch:
Employers will now be able to claim for more employees on furlough - specifically those that were employed as of March 19 as well as those that were on payroll as of February 28 but made redundant prior to March 19 if they are re-employed and then furloughed.
And government has made available grants which are being distributed by the local councils. Grants of £10,000 are available for small businesses as part of the small business grant fund to help businesses meet their operating costs.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
Grant funding of up to £25,000 is available for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses, based on the rateable value.
For further information visit www.lucyfrazer.org.uk or email email@example.com Please do apply for this funding – it can make a real difference.
And if you are a charity or community group working with older and vulnerable people, consider applying for the Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund for a grant up to £5,000.
Tesco’s Bags of Help Communities Fund can help groups quickly access up to £500.
If you work with the over 70s, Persimmon’s community champion initiative gives away many monthly single donations up to the value of £1,000.
If you are a community group struggling in these challenging times then please do email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will see how my team and I can help.
Groups and volunteers across our patch are doing an amazing job supporting the community and those who are self-isolating and shielding.
I am constantly uplifted by the incredible work local groups are doing and together we will overcome this challenge.