Local MPs To Host Business Forum In Ely Later This Month
TWO local MPs are hoping to give businesses in East Cambridgeshire a timely boost by hosting a joint business forum. MPs Malcolm Moss and Jim Paice will be hosting the event in Ely on March 19 and are encouraging business from around East Cambridgeshire t
TWO local MPs are hoping to give businesses in East Cambridgeshire a timely boost by hosting a joint business forum.
MPs Malcolm Moss and Jim Paice will be hosting the event in Ely on March 19 and are encouraging business from around East Cambridgeshire to sign up.
The forum, set to take place at the Maltings on Ely's Waterside, will provide businesses with the opportunity to share good practice, network and to explore local and national initiatives to help them thrive during difficult times.
Mr Paice said: "Given the current adverse economic climate there is an increased need amongst businesses to share good practice and to improve lines of communication with both local and national government departments.
You may also want to watch:
"This meeting will be an excellent opportunity for businesses in areas such as Littleport, Soham, Ely, Sutton, Burwell, Haddenham and Witchford to network and to access and share information on new local and central government initiatives aimed at helping businesses.
"We welcome all local businesses - regardless of size or sector - to attend this important meeting, and we look forward to seeing you there."
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
The forum will welcome all local businesses regardless of whether they are small, medium or large and will feature presentations from several leading organisations including East of England Development Agency, Business Link and East Cambridgeshire District Council
The forum will take place from 6.30pm on March 19 at the Maltings in Ely. Please RSVP to email@example.com to secure your place.