Littleport’s Post Office branch set for face lift
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office has announced plans to refurbish its Littleport branch.
And officials say that the revamped branch, which is based in McColl’s, in Main Street, will also have extended opening hours that will see it operating seven days a week.
The refurbishment works are scheduled to take place from Saturday, November 1, and will re-open at 1pm on Thursday, November 13. The retail side of McColl’s will remain open throughout.
When complete, the modernised branch will featured two screened serving positions and a combi-counter, where customers can access Post Office services outside opening hours.
The Post Office says the improvements will keep the branch open for an extra 56 hours and 30 minutes each week.
You may also want to watch:
While the work is taking place, residents are being directed to use services in Ely and Little Downham.
Kevin Shepherd, post office area manager, said: “We know how important Post Office services are to residents in the Ely area and we are confident that this vibrant modern post office, at the heart of the community, will be popular.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 9 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
“The modernisation is part of a major Government investment programme enabling us to continue investing in the post office network and to map out a bold growth strategy to the end of the decade.”