Littleport Company Honoured For Innovation
A LITTLEPORT based company has been honoured for its innovation and enterprise with an award from the Queen.
JDR Cable Systems, based on Wisbech Road, was handed the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in a special ceremony held on Friday and staff were also invited to Buckingham Palace to officially accept the prestigious award in July.
Friday’s award ceremony was led by Hugh Duberly CBE, the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, and was attended by JDR staff, and invited guests from East Cambridgeshire District Council and the East of England Regional Development Agency.
Accepting the award, Patrick Phelan, Managing Director of JDR Cable Systems, said “We are very proud to accept the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in recognition of our continued success in international trade. The award clearly places JDR amongst the most successful of UK businesses and reflects the hard work and dedication of our management and staff. I am particularly delighted that their vital contribution is being recognised through this prestigious Grant of Appointment.”
Following the award ceremony, each member of staff was presented with a commemorative gift to mark the occasion and Patrick Phelan thanked the staff for their hard work and dedication.
You may also want to watch:
Patrick Phelan and Pat Herbert, CEO of JDR Cable Systems will visit Buckingham Palace to officially accept the prestigious Queen’s Award from Her Majesty the Queen in mid-July.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment