Leading technology firm looks to expand with warehouse plans
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm based in Littleport has applied for permission to expand its premises.
JDR Cables provides equipment and expertise to the wind farm industry and is based in Wisbech Road, employing dozens of people.
The company has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to replace an “unsightly” scaffold canopy with a new warehouse.
Agents acting for JDR said: “The installation of this building, but, more so, the removal of the scaffold structure will dramatically improve the overall appearance of the site to the surrounding area.
“This new structure will allow the company to continue to grow and increase the amount of product they produce on site.
You may also want to watch:
“The current arrangement with the canopy allows products to be stored in relative dryness but the new building will allow more complex testing to be conducted in a secure and dry facility.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 5 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 8 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment