Leading technology firm looks to expand with warehouse plans
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm based in Littleport has applied for permission to expand its premises.
JDR Cables provides equipment and expertise to the wind farm industry and is based in Wisbech Road, employing dozens of people.
The company has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to replace an “unsightly” scaffold canopy with a new warehouse.
Agents acting for JDR said: “The installation of this building, but, more so, the removal of the scaffold structure will dramatically improve the overall appearance of the site to the surrounding area.
“This new structure will allow the company to continue to grow and increase the amount of product they produce on site.
“The current arrangement with the canopy allows products to be stored in relative dryness but the new building will allow more complex testing to be conducted in a secure and dry facility.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks