Leading technology firm looks to expand with warehouse plans
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm based in Littleport has applied for permission to expand its premises.
JDR Cables provides equipment and expertise to the wind farm industry and is based in Wisbech Road, employing dozens of people.
The company has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to replace an “unsightly” scaffold canopy with a new warehouse.
Agents acting for JDR said: “The installation of this building, but, more so, the removal of the scaffold structure will dramatically improve the overall appearance of the site to the surrounding area.
“This new structure will allow the company to continue to grow and increase the amount of product they produce on site.
You may also want to watch:
“The current arrangement with the canopy allows products to be stored in relative dryness but the new building will allow more complex testing to be conducted in a secure and dry facility.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease