Leading technology firm looks to expand with warehouse plans
- Credit: Archant
A technology firm based in Littleport has applied for permission to expand its premises.
JDR Cables provides equipment and expertise to the wind farm industry and is based in Wisbech Road, employing dozens of people.
The company has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to replace an “unsightly” scaffold canopy with a new warehouse.
Agents acting for JDR said: “The installation of this building, but, more so, the removal of the scaffold structure will dramatically improve the overall appearance of the site to the surrounding area.
“This new structure will allow the company to continue to grow and increase the amount of product they produce on site.
You may also want to watch:
“The current arrangement with the canopy allows products to be stored in relative dryness but the new building will allow more complex testing to be conducted in a secure and dry facility.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road