Key note speakers announced for Ely Cathedral business event
- Credit: Archant
The former chairman of HSBC, Stephen Green will join Dame Julia Cleverdon as key note speakers at the Celebration of Business event taking place in Ely Cathedral.
Taking place on May 21, it will be the fourth running of the annual event, taking place this year from Friday, May 15, to Thursday, May 21.
The celebration will feature an exhibition of more than 100 businesses and organisations of all sizes, from sole traders through to multi-nationals, rubbing shoulders for a week.
Chairman of the business group, Tom Green said: “Too often the church is seen as ‘anti-business’, and indeed we are right to criticise the greed and recklessness which has led to the financial crisis.
“However, good business is the means by which we create wealth and manage sustainable economic growth in our communities, making it possible, in spite of the inevitable peaks and troughs of the economic cycle, to invest more in welfare and public services including health and education.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that the church, and especially our cathedral engages with this subject which is so much at the centre of our lives.”
All are welcome to this event, and admission is free. Anyone intending to come is asked to register online at www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
- 10 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat