Key note speakers announced for Ely Cathedral business event
- Credit: Archant
The former chairman of HSBC, Stephen Green will join Dame Julia Cleverdon as key note speakers at the Celebration of Business event taking place in Ely Cathedral.
Taking place on May 21, it will be the fourth running of the annual event, taking place this year from Friday, May 15, to Thursday, May 21.
The celebration will feature an exhibition of more than 100 businesses and organisations of all sizes, from sole traders through to multi-nationals, rubbing shoulders for a week.
Chairman of the business group, Tom Green said: “Too often the church is seen as ‘anti-business’, and indeed we are right to criticise the greed and recklessness which has led to the financial crisis.
“However, good business is the means by which we create wealth and manage sustainable economic growth in our communities, making it possible, in spite of the inevitable peaks and troughs of the economic cycle, to invest more in welfare and public services including health and education.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that the church, and especially our cathedral engages with this subject which is so much at the centre of our lives.”
All are welcome to this event, and admission is free. Anyone intending to come is asked to register online at www.elycathedralbusinessgroup.org
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air