Kevin’s on the right road
Woody s Wheels driving school is owned and run by Kevin Woodbridge. Kevin passed his exams last December and, after a brief spell with a franchise firm, decided to go solo and has not looked back. He explained: I started on my own in March this year and
Woody's Wheels driving school is owned and run by Kevin Woodbridge. Kevin passed his exams last December and, after a brief spell with a franchise firm, decided to go solo and has not looked back.
He explained: "I started on my own in March this year and it has snowballed from there."
Now based in Abbots Ripton, Kevin is local to Ely and has picked up custom from both Ely and Sutton. He is happy to work in all areas, and added: "Word-of-mouth is the key to my success. If my customers are happy they will tell their friends.
"I try to make them as relaxed as possible, when they feel comfortable they drive better. I talk them through everything and explain all aspects of driving.
"Once you have passed your test you are on your own and awareness of other road users and road conditions is essential. I aim to teach them to drive and be considerate and sensible on the road for their future safety."
Kevin is also Pass Plus registered, so that when people have passed their initial test they can take a few more lessons to learn how to drive on motorways and at night. This will often reduce a newly qualified driver's insurance if they approach companies who recognise Pass Plus
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
" In one instance my pupil saved £600 on her insurance when she told her insurance company she had Pass Plus status," he said.
Kevin provides all of the paperwork for this further qualification to be recognised. He also helps with all the forms required for the initial test.
He says his rates are competitive. He charges between £18-£20 an hour with a minimum of a two-hour lesson. Students are charged the lowest rate, £19 for block booked lessons and £20 standard rate.
INFO: Contact Kevin Woodbridge on 07926 368268 / 07913 041952 or go to www.woodyswheels.co.uk
# WE would like to point out that in last week's Shop Local feature it was, in fact, John Lane of Fuller's Bakers in our photograph. The shop is also open from 6am until 1pm on Wednesdays and 6am to 5pm on Fridays. We would like to apologise to Fuller's Bakers for any inconvenience caused.