Jobs to be created as luxury retailer looks to expand Sutton warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Luxury goods retailer Fortnum and Mason has unveiled plans to expand its warehouse in Sutton.
The company, which has a department store in London and was founded in 1707, is seeking planning permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to increase the size of its distribution facility on the Elean Business Park.
The company says the move will allow it took on additional staff, to add to its existing full-time workforce of 28 already based in Sutton.
In its application the council, agents acting for the company said: “This proposal extension will be constructed with the same materials/colours that already exist, the extension will have a proposed planting/tree screen to the north and eastern field boundaries that will soften the impact of the extension.
“This proposal is to be built on an old airfield site and does not have any negative impact to the site or the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“Existing jobs will be retained and the number of permanent staff will increase. The number of contract and part time staff will also increase to meet seasonal business demands.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?