Jobs to be created as luxury retailer looks to expand Sutton warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Luxury goods retailer Fortnum and Mason has unveiled plans to expand its warehouse in Sutton.
The company, which has a department store in London and was founded in 1707, is seeking planning permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to increase the size of its distribution facility on the Elean Business Park.
The company says the move will allow it took on additional staff, to add to its existing full-time workforce of 28 already based in Sutton.
In its application the council, agents acting for the company said: “This proposal extension will be constructed with the same materials/colours that already exist, the extension will have a proposed planting/tree screen to the north and eastern field boundaries that will soften the impact of the extension.
“This proposal is to be built on an old airfield site and does not have any negative impact to the site or the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“Existing jobs will be retained and the number of permanent staff will increase. The number of contract and part time staff will also increase to meet seasonal business demands.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 4 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely