Jobs to be created as luxury retailer looks to expand Sutton warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Luxury goods retailer Fortnum and Mason has unveiled plans to expand its warehouse in Sutton.
The company, which has a department store in London and was founded in 1707, is seeking planning permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to increase the size of its distribution facility on the Elean Business Park.
The company says the move will allow it took on additional staff, to add to its existing full-time workforce of 28 already based in Sutton.
In its application the council, agents acting for the company said: “This proposal extension will be constructed with the same materials/colours that already exist, the extension will have a proposed planting/tree screen to the north and eastern field boundaries that will soften the impact of the extension.
“This proposal is to be built on an old airfield site and does not have any negative impact to the site or the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“Existing jobs will be retained and the number of permanent staff will increase. The number of contract and part time staff will also increase to meet seasonal business demands.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market