Jamie Wins Apprentice Of The Year
“I was surprised when I found out but really pleased to have won the award from AGCO.”
AN apprentice at Littleport-based company Thurlow Nunn Standen has won a prestigious award. Jamie Thompson has been awarded the Land Based Service Engineering Apprentice of the Year at an annual prize-giving at Warwickshire College.
Thurlow Nunn Standen recruits people to enter its apprenticeship scheme in association with AGCO, Warwickshire College and Easton College in Norfolk.
Sally Tew, personal director at Thurlow Nunn Standen, said: “We are proud of our apprenticeship scheme and are constantly looking at ways to improve it. During a recent interview we decided to enhance it by introducing a foundation year. During this first year, our apprentices are mentored by our fully qualified technicians, working on the full range of products. This on the job is backed up by the block release to Easton College.
Following the foundation year, they then attend the full Massey-Ferguson Apprenticeship Scheme in association with Warwickshire College.”
On winning the award, Jamie told the Ely Standard: “I was surprised when I found out but really pleased to have won the award from AGCO.”
Sally added: “Jamie fully deserved this recognition for all his hard work and dedication to his learning and we were very proud of his achievement.”
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended
Pic cap: Jamie Thompson has been named as Engineering Apprentice of the Year.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.