IT skills classes for the over-50s
FREE online IT sessions are being offered to people over the age of 50 who want to gain new computer skills. The courses will be run at Littleport and Soham libraries and will offer support and guidance to allow people to access a wide range of learning o
FREE online IT sessions are being offered to people over the age of 50 who want to gain new computer skills.
The courses will be run at Littleport and Soham libraries and will offer support and guidance to allow people to access a wide range of learning opportunities.
Information and advice sessions will be run; there will be around 30 hours of free tuition on how to use email and the internet; skills checks and free skills for life courses with the chance to gain national certificates.
The EngAGE sessions are funded by UK Online and delivered by a partnership consisting of Cambridgeshire County Council's libraries and adult services, Age Concern and Cambridge Housing Society.
You may also want to watch:
EngAGE project co-ordinator, Maggie Brown, said: "These courses are ideal for people who are perhaps thinking of doing their Christmas shopping online for the first time, who simply want to brush up on their IT knowledge, or perhaps would like to improve their skills and qualifications."
Sessions will take place on Thursdays between 10am and 1pm in Soham and from 2.30pm to 5.30pm at Littleport.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
They should be booked in advance by contacting Maggie Brown on 01223 717064 or 07824 406 103.