Industrial unit in Soham could house soft play centre
- Credit: Archant
AN industrial unit in Soham could be converted into a children’s soft play centre under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council this week.
Rebecca Hubbard, of Haddenham, has applied to transform an industrial unit in Mill Corner, which has been empty for more than 12 months, into a centre for children to play.
She says the proposal will create new jobs and further the regeneration of the area.
Space has also been set aside on the site for up to 12 bicycles and 17 cars.
She told planners: “There is a fitness centre which has recently opened close to the site which is also a community use; in addition to this the proposed operation would provide a number of jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“Given that the existing unit is vacant for more than twelve months and that the national planning policy framework encourages local planning authorities not to stifle opportunities for small businesses, it is felt that the proposed use is acceptable.
“It will also provide jobs and a community facility for the surrounding area and will
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
thus enhance the diversity of activity in the mixed use area and contribute to its regeneration.”
Ms Hubbard has applied to make small changes to the west elevation of the building, which will include installing new uPVC double doors.
A decision is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk