Hoping the 2017 Ely Business Awards will be as great as 2016
- Credit: Archant
2016 saw a year of fantastic engagement with businesses entering the Ely Business Awards, a trend that we are hoping to see once again in 2017.
With the nation gripped by elections and Brexit it is certainly an uneasy time, but what it will mean for local businesses is yet to be determined.
Now in its ninth year the awards have come to symbolise all that is great and good within local business, the awards promote best practice and last year we saw an increase in entries showing that there are wonderful things happening within the local business community.
To see so many fantastic businesses entering the awards gives us a real sense of pride within the business community, the Ely Standard relish the opportunity to be able to shout about those businesses that are really going that extra mile.
The awards look at many things and the criteria on each award reflects this, it is not only about the most profitable businesses but those that promote and execute best working practice, of course all businesses should be profitable but certainly in the current climate we need to be looking for sustainability and longevity not just the big buck.
You may also want to watch:
2017 will see an amendment to the coveted Judges’ Award, with an introduction of a fantastic advertising package prize of £1,500 worth or advertising and print courtesy of Archant Print.
There really is something for everyone and with the opportunity to enter up to three categories there is ample chance to see your business up there in the finals.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
People often ask what is the most important thing to convey to businesses thinking about entering the awards and firstly I always say “it’s FREE to enter”, and if you make the finalist stages it is fantastic PR.
By entering these awards you will be profiling your business and looking at it objectively through the eyes of a judge, answering the set criteria will open up your business in a different light to you which can only be a good thing.
So what can we expect for the 2017 awards, much of the same we hope, best practice, innovation and sustainability within Fenland.
The event will once again take place at Ely Cathedral, on September 28, the glittering black tie event will play host to the best of the best in local business. We shall be announcing the host in the coming weeks as well as more dates for the diary.
The website is now live for entries, so don’t miss the opportunity to shout about your business and help us promote innovation and best practice in East Cambridgeshire.