Hats off to new fashion store
SISTERS Sue Neal and Kim Mackenzie are pushing ahead in business and opened their new store Mad Hatters in Forehill less than two weeks ago. The pair, who have enjoyed success in Soham since launching their company two years ago, have snapped up the prime
SISTERS Sue Neal and Kim Mackenzie are pushing ahead in business and opened their new store Mad Hatters in Forehill less than two weeks ago.
The pair, who have enjoyed success in Soham since launching their company two years ago, have snapped up the prime city site and expanded their range of goods.
Now, along with the stunning selection of hats for every occasion, customers will find shoes, handbags, pashminas, and a fine array of wedding outfits among other items.
Upstairs in the new shop are racks of designer dresses which are on a par with any upmarket boutique.
You may also want to watch:
One of the first customers through the doors of the new shop said the display of dresses was "just like a fairytale".
Many of the dresses are one-off designs ideal for creating the belle of the ball for that special occasion, whether it be a major charity event or a school prom.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 6 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
Prices come in at around £95 for a three-piece suit, and £100 for most of the dresses.
Sue and Kim are happy to order display items in other colours, and hope to introduce new lines to the shop in the near future.
"As the riverside and Forehill develops, we hope the business will too," said Sue.
"Basically if people have an idea of what they want we can match it.
"Our hats are very popular for Ladies' Day at Ascot."
INFO: Mad Hatters opens from10am-5pm Monday to Saturday but is closed all day Tuesday.