Hats off to new fashion store
SISTERS Sue Neal and Kim Mackenzie are pushing ahead in business and opened their new store Mad Hatters in Forehill less than two weeks ago. The pair, who have enjoyed success in Soham since launching their company two years ago, have snapped up the prime
SISTERS Sue Neal and Kim Mackenzie are pushing ahead in business and opened their new store Mad Hatters in Forehill less than two weeks ago.
The pair, who have enjoyed success in Soham since launching their company two years ago, have snapped up the prime city site and expanded their range of goods.
Now, along with the stunning selection of hats for every occasion, customers will find shoes, handbags, pashminas, and a fine array of wedding outfits among other items.
Upstairs in the new shop are racks of designer dresses which are on a par with any upmarket boutique.
You may also want to watch:
One of the first customers through the doors of the new shop said the display of dresses was "just like a fairytale".
Many of the dresses are one-off designs ideal for creating the belle of the ball for that special occasion, whether it be a major charity event or a school prom.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Prices come in at around £95 for a three-piece suit, and £100 for most of the dresses.
Sue and Kim are happy to order display items in other colours, and hope to introduce new lines to the shop in the near future.
"As the riverside and Forehill develops, we hope the business will too," said Sue.
"Basically if people have an idea of what they want we can match it.
"Our hats are very popular for Ladies' Day at Ascot."
INFO: Mad Hatters opens from10am-5pm Monday to Saturday but is closed all day Tuesday.