The Hearing Company in Ely is making a donation to the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity to coincide with Deaf Awareness Week. The branch, at 6 Buttermarket, is part of the UK s leading hearing care retailer, operating from Scrivens Opticians, and wil
The Hearing Company in Ely is making a donation to the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity to coincide with Deaf Awareness Week.
The branch, at 6 Buttermarket, is part of the UK's leading hearing care retailer, operating from Scrivens Opticians, and will donate £20 for every hearing aid sold throughout next week.
It is hoped the annual drive to raise awareness of deaf and hard of hearing issues will make people take their aural health more seriously.
Branch manager Michelle Marsh said: "We work closely with those suffering from hearing loss and, therefore, have a natural link to this charity. We want to show our full support for the cause and hope to contribute considerably towards funding the training of more hearing dogs."
You may also want to watch:
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People trains dogs to alert deaf people to specific sounds whether in the home, workplace or public buildings, making life much more manageable and less isolated. The Hearing Company has already raised enough money to part-sponsor three dogs at the charity.
The Hearing Company has nine branches throughout the UK and operates from a further 400 associated outlets nationwide and all branches of Scrivens Opticians.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 8 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
# Andrea Callaway, marketing director of The Hearing Company with head of fund-raising at Hearing Dogs For Deaf People, and company mascot Eric The Ear.