The Hearing Company in Ely is making a donation to the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity to coincide with Deaf Awareness Week. The branch, at 6 Buttermarket, is part of the UK s leading hearing care retailer, operating from Scrivens Opticians, and wil
The Hearing Company in Ely is making a donation to the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People charity to coincide with Deaf Awareness Week.
The branch, at 6 Buttermarket, is part of the UK's leading hearing care retailer, operating from Scrivens Opticians, and will donate £20 for every hearing aid sold throughout next week.
It is hoped the annual drive to raise awareness of deaf and hard of hearing issues will make people take their aural health more seriously.
Branch manager Michelle Marsh said: "We work closely with those suffering from hearing loss and, therefore, have a natural link to this charity. We want to show our full support for the cause and hope to contribute considerably towards funding the training of more hearing dogs."
You may also want to watch:
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People trains dogs to alert deaf people to specific sounds whether in the home, workplace or public buildings, making life much more manageable and less isolated. The Hearing Company has already raised enough money to part-sponsor three dogs at the charity.
The Hearing Company has nine branches throughout the UK and operates from a further 400 associated outlets nationwide and all branches of Scrivens Opticians.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
# Andrea Callaway, marketing director of The Hearing Company with head of fund-raising at Hearing Dogs For Deaf People, and company mascot Eric The Ear.