Going the extra mile for employees
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn t let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job. She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to ke
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn't let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job.
She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to keep a client happy.
Sarah, who runs Subito Recruitment at e-Space South in Ely, was asked to find a qualified engineer, fluent in English and Mandarin, to run a local company's Chinese office.
Her search led to a fairly bureaucratic process with numerous Chinese agencies involved.
You may also want to watch:
The result was a long-distance interview via a video-conferencing link and the new recruit jetted in for a week-long visit at the company before starting his new job.
Managing director, Sarah, believes her success comes with the company's "individuality".
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
She said: "Most agencies have highly pressured and target-driven environments and one of the main criticisms of candidates and clients is that agencies simply don't listen carefully to what they want because they are pushing towards targets.
"It is a joy to focus my business on meeting candidates' and employers' needs. Successful placements are the result of our genuine desire to get under the skin of our clients and understand their individual needs in the context of their respective bigger picture.
"That's why organisations and individuals, who have registered with us, generally stick with us."
Clients include Shearline Precision Engineering, Thorlabs, Arthur D Little, Bidwells and CSR and the pool of registered candidates is growing daily.
Subito Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation and can be contacted by telephone on 01353 644090 or
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting its website at www.subito.co.uk