Going the extra mile for employees
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn t let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job. She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to ke
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn't let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job.
She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to keep a client happy.
Sarah, who runs Subito Recruitment at e-Space South in Ely, was asked to find a qualified engineer, fluent in English and Mandarin, to run a local company's Chinese office.
Her search led to a fairly bureaucratic process with numerous Chinese agencies involved.
You may also want to watch:
The result was a long-distance interview via a video-conferencing link and the new recruit jetted in for a week-long visit at the company before starting his new job.
Managing director, Sarah, believes her success comes with the company's "individuality".
- 1 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
She said: "Most agencies have highly pressured and target-driven environments and one of the main criticisms of candidates and clients is that agencies simply don't listen carefully to what they want because they are pushing towards targets.
"It is a joy to focus my business on meeting candidates' and employers' needs. Successful placements are the result of our genuine desire to get under the skin of our clients and understand their individual needs in the context of their respective bigger picture.
"That's why organisations and individuals, who have registered with us, generally stick with us."
Clients include Shearline Precision Engineering, Thorlabs, Arthur D Little, Bidwells and CSR and the pool of registered candidates is growing daily.
Subito Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation and can be contacted by telephone on 01353 644090 or
e-mail: email@example.com or by visiting its website at www.subito.co.uk