Going the extra mile for employees
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn t let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job. She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to ke
BUSINESS woman Sarah Chapman doesn't let a few thousand miles stand in her way when it comes to finding the right candidate for the job.
She launched her recruitment company just one year ago and has already targeted the Far East job market in a bid to keep a client happy.
Sarah, who runs Subito Recruitment at e-Space South in Ely, was asked to find a qualified engineer, fluent in English and Mandarin, to run a local company's Chinese office.
Her search led to a fairly bureaucratic process with numerous Chinese agencies involved.
The result was a long-distance interview via a video-conferencing link and the new recruit jetted in for a week-long visit at the company before starting his new job.
Managing director, Sarah, believes her success comes with the company's "individuality".
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 7 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
She said: "Most agencies have highly pressured and target-driven environments and one of the main criticisms of candidates and clients is that agencies simply don't listen carefully to what they want because they are pushing towards targets.
"It is a joy to focus my business on meeting candidates' and employers' needs. Successful placements are the result of our genuine desire to get under the skin of our clients and understand their individual needs in the context of their respective bigger picture.
"That's why organisations and individuals, who have registered with us, generally stick with us."
Clients include Shearline Precision Engineering, Thorlabs, Arthur D Little, Bidwells and CSR and the pool of registered candidates is growing daily.
Subito Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation and can be contacted by telephone on 01353 644090 or
e-mail: email@example.com or by visiting its website at www.subito.co.uk