GALLERY: Couple hope to bring best of British to refurbished Littleport restaurant
HUSBAND and wife team Tommy and Dee Takacs are bringing the best of British to the newly refurbished Swan on the River at Littleport.
The couple have previously enjoyed success at The Bridge in Waterbeach and the White Hart in Fulbourn.
Mr Takacs said: “It was a lot busier than we thought it would be at the weekend; a lot of the locals are very pleased with what we have done and to see us up and running again.
“It is a lot more relaxed in here now. It is an absolutely beautiful setting on the river, which is quite rare to have these days.
“We have a team of 25 staff at Fulbourn and we are going to carry out the same formula here because we know it works.
You may also want to watch:
“The food is simple and the best of British, everything is home made, from the gravy to the Yorkshire puddings, and is made using the best ingredients all at a reasonable price.”
The restaurant has started out with a staff of 12 but the couple hope that they can continue to grow that number, bringing jobs to the village.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested