GALLERY: Couple hope to bring best of British to refurbished Littleport restaurant
HUSBAND and wife team Tommy and Dee Takacs are bringing the best of British to the newly refurbished Swan on the River at Littleport.
The couple have previously enjoyed success at The Bridge in Waterbeach and the White Hart in Fulbourn.
Mr Takacs said: “It was a lot busier than we thought it would be at the weekend; a lot of the locals are very pleased with what we have done and to see us up and running again.
“It is a lot more relaxed in here now. It is an absolutely beautiful setting on the river, which is quite rare to have these days.
“We have a team of 25 staff at Fulbourn and we are going to carry out the same formula here because we know it works.
You may also want to watch:
“The food is simple and the best of British, everything is home made, from the gravy to the Yorkshire puddings, and is made using the best ingredients all at a reasonable price.”
The restaurant has started out with a staff of 12 but the couple hope that they can continue to grow that number, bringing jobs to the village.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club