GALLERY: Couple hope to bring best of British to refurbished Littleport restaurant
HUSBAND and wife team Tommy and Dee Takacs are bringing the best of British to the newly refurbished Swan on the River at Littleport.
The couple have previously enjoyed success at The Bridge in Waterbeach and the White Hart in Fulbourn.
Mr Takacs said: “It was a lot busier than we thought it would be at the weekend; a lot of the locals are very pleased with what we have done and to see us up and running again.
“It is a lot more relaxed in here now. It is an absolutely beautiful setting on the river, which is quite rare to have these days.
“We have a team of 25 staff at Fulbourn and we are going to carry out the same formula here because we know it works.
“The food is simple and the best of British, everything is home made, from the gravy to the Yorkshire puddings, and is made using the best ingredients all at a reasonable price.”
The restaurant has started out with a staff of 12 but the couple hope that they can continue to grow that number, bringing jobs to the village.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?