Former firefighter Laura swaps red fire engine for Red Shoes Accounting in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A former firefighter has swapped the fire hose for a calculator to train to become an accountant in Littleport.
Laura Barrow decided to make the career change after fighting blazes for nine years in Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
She is now training with Red Shoes Accounting, based in Wisbech Road, as she qualifies with the Association of Accounting Technicians.
Victoria Cooper, principal at Red Shoes Accounting, said: "Laura's background in fire-fighting is fantastic experience for dealing with pressure and tax deadlines; she remains calm and methodical and we are delighted to support her career move into accountancy.
"We are sure Laura will experience (almost!) the same adrenaline rush at year end as she did in her fire-fighting career."
Laura said: "Red Shoes Accounting is a highly experienced and skilled team offering a friendly work environment, a diverse client base and has an excellent reputation.
"I am very excited to take the career change opportunity and join the team as a trainee accountant".
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 7 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 10 Dental practice plan move to business park
Established in 2009, Red Shoes Accounting provides accountancy solutions to a wide range of business clients in Ely and the surrounding area.