Former firefighter Laura swaps red fire engine for Red Shoes Accounting in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A former firefighter has swapped the fire hose for a calculator to train to become an accountant in Littleport.
Laura Barrow decided to make the career change after fighting blazes for nine years in Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
She is now training with Red Shoes Accounting, based in Wisbech Road, as she qualifies with the Association of Accounting Technicians.
Victoria Cooper, principal at Red Shoes Accounting, said: "Laura's background in fire-fighting is fantastic experience for dealing with pressure and tax deadlines; she remains calm and methodical and we are delighted to support her career move into accountancy.
"We are sure Laura will experience (almost!) the same adrenaline rush at year end as she did in her fire-fighting career."
You may also want to watch:
Laura said: "Red Shoes Accounting is a highly experienced and skilled team offering a friendly work environment, a diverse client base and has an excellent reputation.
"I am very excited to take the career change opportunity and join the team as a trainee accountant".
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
Established in 2009, Red Shoes Accounting provides accountancy solutions to a wide range of business clients in Ely and the surrounding area.