Former firefighter Laura swaps red fire engine for Red Shoes Accounting in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A former firefighter has swapped the fire hose for a calculator to train to become an accountant in Littleport.
Laura Barrow decided to make the career change after fighting blazes for nine years in Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
She is now training with Red Shoes Accounting, based in Wisbech Road, as she qualifies with the Association of Accounting Technicians.
Victoria Cooper, principal at Red Shoes Accounting, said: "Laura's background in fire-fighting is fantastic experience for dealing with pressure and tax deadlines; she remains calm and methodical and we are delighted to support her career move into accountancy.
"We are sure Laura will experience (almost!) the same adrenaline rush at year end as she did in her fire-fighting career."
Laura said: "Red Shoes Accounting is a highly experienced and skilled team offering a friendly work environment, a diverse client base and has an excellent reputation.
"I am very excited to take the career change opportunity and join the team as a trainee accountant".
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Established in 2009, Red Shoes Accounting provides accountancy solutions to a wide range of business clients in Ely and the surrounding area.