Former firefighter Laura swaps red fire engine for Red Shoes Accounting in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A former firefighter has swapped the fire hose for a calculator to train to become an accountant in Littleport.
Laura Barrow decided to make the career change after fighting blazes for nine years in Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
She is now training with Red Shoes Accounting, based in Wisbech Road, as she qualifies with the Association of Accounting Technicians.
Victoria Cooper, principal at Red Shoes Accounting, said: "Laura's background in fire-fighting is fantastic experience for dealing with pressure and tax deadlines; she remains calm and methodical and we are delighted to support her career move into accountancy.
"We are sure Laura will experience (almost!) the same adrenaline rush at year end as she did in her fire-fighting career."
You may also want to watch:
Laura said: "Red Shoes Accounting is a highly experienced and skilled team offering a friendly work environment, a diverse client base and has an excellent reputation.
"I am very excited to take the career change opportunity and join the team as a trainee accountant".
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
Established in 2009, Red Shoes Accounting provides accountancy solutions to a wide range of business clients in Ely and the surrounding area.