Festive feast delivered to homeless shelter by Littleport business
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport business made sure Christmas started with a bang for residents at a homeless shelter after dropping off a stash of festive goodies.
The Dukes of Lunch, based on the Saxon Business Park, delivered a van full of sandwiches, drinks and mince pies to residents of Jimmy’s Night Shelter, in Cambridge, on Christmas Eve.
The business, managed by Terry Cooper, launched in November and decided to mark its first Christmas by giving some food to those most in need.
More than 40 residents at the shelter were catered for on the day, with the Dukes three-strong team up especially early to get the festive feats prepared and delivered.
The Dukes of Lunch run a lunch delivery service catering for business parks and industrial estates in Ely and Littleport.
For more information, call 07546 054841.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?