Father and son give one day notice of closure after running Ship Inn on Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border for eight years
- Credit: Archant
Father and son Keith and Mark Thomas suddenly announced at the end of last week that they were closing the Ship Inn at Brandon Creek near Littleport.
They have run the pub for eight years but in a short post to their Facebook page they announced it would close at 6pm tonight (Sunday) for good.
"Sadly, we have to announce that the Ship will be closing its doors for trading on Sunday March 8" they wrote on the pub's Facebook the day before.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and custom over the years and wish you all well for the future." It was signed The Ship Inn Team.
The 17th century pub on the Great Ouse is just off the A10 on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border.
You may also want to watch:
Over recent years the pub has won several awards including for two years running national runner-up in the 'free from' eating awards. Keith was a diagnosed Coeliac and produced a gluten free men that enjoyed widespread appeal.
In recent years the pub has become well known for its speciality pies and established at one point a choice of 10 assorted meat, fish, vegetarian and seasonal fillings.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
A few ears ago the Little Ouse riverbank was re-built by the Environment Agency and so gave the pub additional mooring space.