Father and son give one day notice of closure after running Ship Inn on Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border for eight years
- Credit: Archant
Father and son Keith and Mark Thomas suddenly announced at the end of last week that they were closing the Ship Inn at Brandon Creek near Littleport.
They have run the pub for eight years but in a short post to their Facebook page they announced it would close at 6pm tonight (Sunday) for good.
"Sadly, we have to announce that the Ship will be closing its doors for trading on Sunday March 8" they wrote on the pub's Facebook the day before.
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and custom over the years and wish you all well for the future." It was signed The Ship Inn Team.
The 17th century pub on the Great Ouse is just off the A10 on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border.
Over recent years the pub has won several awards including for two years running national runner-up in the 'free from' eating awards. Keith was a diagnosed Coeliac and produced a gluten free men that enjoyed widespread appeal.
In recent years the pub has become well known for its speciality pies and established at one point a choice of 10 assorted meat, fish, vegetarian and seasonal fillings.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 5 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 9 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 10 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
A few ears ago the Little Ouse riverbank was re-built by the Environment Agency and so gave the pub additional mooring space.