Family-run catering firm in the running for top award
- Credit: Archant
A catering company founded in the kitchen of a family home has been nominated in the best new business category at the East of England Business Champion Awards.
Our House of Spice was founded in 2012 by sisters Nadia and Julia Latif in the kitchen of their parents’ home, in Bottisham.
The company specialises in Indian food using family recipes and methods that are generations old and caters for events, trade shows and charity fundraisers.
The duo have also recently launched a range of frozen foods and spice packets.
Julia said: “We started out at farmer’s markets and country shows and from there we gained a following of regular customers who kept telling us they wanted to take our food home.
You may also want to watch:
“So we decided to develop a frozen range and things have gone on from there. We still work out of the family kitchen, it’s a great way of keeping together.”
The awards are being hosted at Centre Parcs, in Bedfordshire, on November 13. Our House of Spice will go up against Ugg Foods, Office Wings, uComply and Hill Farm and Orchard Wigwams in the best new business category.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos