Family-run catering firm in the running for top award
- Credit: Archant
A catering company founded in the kitchen of a family home has been nominated in the best new business category at the East of England Business Champion Awards.
Our House of Spice was founded in 2012 by sisters Nadia and Julia Latif in the kitchen of their parents’ home, in Bottisham.
The company specialises in Indian food using family recipes and methods that are generations old and caters for events, trade shows and charity fundraisers.
The duo have also recently launched a range of frozen foods and spice packets.
Julia said: “We started out at farmer’s markets and country shows and from there we gained a following of regular customers who kept telling us they wanted to take our food home.
You may also want to watch:
“So we decided to develop a frozen range and things have gone on from there. We still work out of the family kitchen, it’s a great way of keeping together.”
The awards are being hosted at Centre Parcs, in Bedfordshire, on November 13. Our House of Spice will go up against Ugg Foods, Office Wings, uComply and Hill Farm and Orchard Wigwams in the best new business category.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument