Family-run catering firm in the running for top award
- Credit: Archant
A catering company founded in the kitchen of a family home has been nominated in the best new business category at the East of England Business Champion Awards.
Our House of Spice was founded in 2012 by sisters Nadia and Julia Latif in the kitchen of their parents’ home, in Bottisham.
The company specialises in Indian food using family recipes and methods that are generations old and caters for events, trade shows and charity fundraisers.
The duo have also recently launched a range of frozen foods and spice packets.
Julia said: “We started out at farmer’s markets and country shows and from there we gained a following of regular customers who kept telling us they wanted to take our food home.
You may also want to watch:
“So we decided to develop a frozen range and things have gone on from there. We still work out of the family kitchen, it’s a great way of keeping together.”
The awards are being hosted at Centre Parcs, in Bedfordshire, on November 13. Our House of Spice will go up against Ugg Foods, Office Wings, uComply and Hill Farm and Orchard Wigwams in the best new business category.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation