Family-run catering firm in the running for top award
- Credit: Archant
A catering company founded in the kitchen of a family home has been nominated in the best new business category at the East of England Business Champion Awards.
Our House of Spice was founded in 2012 by sisters Nadia and Julia Latif in the kitchen of their parents’ home, in Bottisham.
The company specialises in Indian food using family recipes and methods that are generations old and caters for events, trade shows and charity fundraisers.
The duo have also recently launched a range of frozen foods and spice packets.
Julia said: “We started out at farmer’s markets and country shows and from there we gained a following of regular customers who kept telling us they wanted to take our food home.
You may also want to watch:
“So we decided to develop a frozen range and things have gone on from there. We still work out of the family kitchen, it’s a great way of keeping together.”
The awards are being hosted at Centre Parcs, in Bedfordshire, on November 13. Our House of Spice will go up against Ugg Foods, Office Wings, uComply and Hill Farm and Orchard Wigwams in the best new business category.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 8 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 9 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend