Family-run catering firm in the running for top award
- Credit: Archant
A catering company founded in the kitchen of a family home has been nominated in the best new business category at the East of England Business Champion Awards.
Our House of Spice was founded in 2012 by sisters Nadia and Julia Latif in the kitchen of their parents’ home, in Bottisham.
The company specialises in Indian food using family recipes and methods that are generations old and caters for events, trade shows and charity fundraisers.
The duo have also recently launched a range of frozen foods and spice packets.
Julia said: “We started out at farmer’s markets and country shows and from there we gained a following of regular customers who kept telling us they wanted to take our food home.
“So we decided to develop a frozen range and things have gone on from there. We still work out of the family kitchen, it’s a great way of keeping together.”
The awards are being hosted at Centre Parcs, in Bedfordshire, on November 13. Our House of Spice will go up against Ugg Foods, Office Wings, uComply and Hill Farm and Orchard Wigwams in the best new business category.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car