Work gets underway on new warehouse in Ely for Déanta’s expansion
- Credit: Archant
An Ely based manufacturer has seen work get underway for a new warehouse that can hold up to 65,000 doors.
Déanta UK welcomed Lucy Frazer MP to their site in Lancaster Way Business Park last Friday (June 21).
This latest investment will allow Déanta to continue embracing growth, through the provision of an additional 39,000 sq ft warehousing space.
Mike O'Toole, managing director, said: "I am excited to start construction on our extension which will enable our fantastic team reach their potential and bring our quality products to a wider market."
Déanta UK designs, manufactures and distributes a range of real wood and veneer internal doors.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Frazer said: "It is fantastic to see local businesses such as Déanta further investing in the area.
"Déanta's successful expansion is another example of how Ely is attracting businesses from a variety of sectors into the area."
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 4 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
All Déanta prefinished doors are FSC certified and are manufactured using hand-picked veneers from North America.