Work gets underway on new warehouse in Ely for Déanta’s expansion
- Credit: Archant
An Ely based manufacturer has seen work get underway for a new warehouse that can hold up to 65,000 doors.
Déanta UK welcomed Lucy Frazer MP to their site in Lancaster Way Business Park last Friday (June 21).
This latest investment will allow Déanta to continue embracing growth, through the provision of an additional 39,000 sq ft warehousing space.
Mike O'Toole, managing director, said: "I am excited to start construction on our extension which will enable our fantastic team reach their potential and bring our quality products to a wider market."
Déanta UK designs, manufactures and distributes a range of real wood and veneer internal doors.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Frazer said: "It is fantastic to see local businesses such as Déanta further investing in the area.
"Déanta's successful expansion is another example of how Ely is attracting businesses from a variety of sectors into the area."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
All Déanta prefinished doors are FSC certified and are manufactured using hand-picked veneers from North America.