Encouraging Feedback From Public On Early Stages of Littleport Plan
FEEDBACK on the early stages of the Littleport Masterplan has shown an encouraging amount of support for the project. Almost 400 people turned out to have their say on the fledgling plans during the first exhibition held recently, comfortably more than nu
FEEDBACK on the early stages of the Littleport Masterplan has shown an encouraging amount of support for the project.
Almost 400 people turned out to have their say on the fledgling plans during the first exhibition held recently, comfortably more than numbers seen at similar exhibitions in Ely and Soham.
Feedback from the event found that 91 per cent of people agreed that the masterplan should look at creating more jobs for local people, while 94 per cent wanted to see new businesses brought into the village.
The masterplan, which will look at the next generation of development in the village, is being put together by the district council with input largely coming from residents.
You may also want to watch:
Other key issues that emerged during the two-day exhibition, which was held at Littleport Village Hall on Victoria Street, included re-development of the riverside area and better facilities for youngsters in the evenings.
The next stage of the process will ongoing until June and will see councillors formulate a number of plans and ideas based on the results of the exhibition.
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack