Ely technology company enjoying global success little more than a year after launching
- Credit: Archant
An Ely company which manufactures an emergency mobile phone charger has just exported its first batch of products to customers as far away as Australia and Peru after receiving global interest.
PowerPackXL was only launched by Ely-based Jeremy Reeve in February 2013 but demand for the product has already seen orders flood in from across the world.
Jeremy was inspired to create the PowerPack after frustration with his own phone, which would often be flat before 5pm, leaving him unable to talk with friends or contact family if he was going to be late.
So using his background in electronics, he designed and manufactured a device aimed at smartphone users who have suffered similar problems with battery life.
The invention is re-chargeable and allows its user to re-charge the average smartphone battery up to four times from flat.
The company’s most popular product has been the newly released PowerPackXL-Mini, a wallet-sized phone charger.
Jeremy said: “We’re delighted that our product has attracted a global audience, we’ve worked hard over the last 12-months to progress in the UK market, but going international was a bit of a surprise to be honest.
- 1 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 10 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
“We’ve used social media for lots of marketing and this has helped us reach international markets.
“We have seen that about three in 10 of our enquiries were coming from overseas, so decided to add international posting to the website, since then we’ve had dozens of orders from the USA, France, Peru, and half a dozen to Australia.”
PowerPackXL is available on-line at www.powerpackxl.com or from electronics retailers.