Ely Standard Hosts Its First Business Fair
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access exper
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access expert advice on grants and funding for starting a business, saving money on household bills as well as talk to advisors from Price Bailey, Edward Jones and Fowler de Pledge on financial and legal issues. The Citizen's Advice Bureau and East Cambridgeshire District Council were also in attendance to advise on housing benefits, redundancy and debt problems.
Emma Furness, the East Cambridgeshire District Council Dragon's Den winner gave a food demonstration on how to feed a family on a budget.
Pic cap: 0031HD0209. Danny Brown, from Cambridge Helpdesk in Little Downham, was one of the businesses at the fair.
0030HD0209. Stonham and Edward Jones stands at the business fair.
You may also want to watch:
Photos: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim