Ely Standard Hosts Its First Business Fair
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access exper
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access expert advice on grants and funding for starting a business, saving money on household bills as well as talk to advisors from Price Bailey, Edward Jones and Fowler de Pledge on financial and legal issues. The Citizen's Advice Bureau and East Cambridgeshire District Council were also in attendance to advise on housing benefits, redundancy and debt problems.
Emma Furness, the East Cambridgeshire District Council Dragon's Den winner gave a food demonstration on how to feed a family on a budget.
Pic cap: 0031HD0209. Danny Brown, from Cambridge Helpdesk in Little Downham, was one of the businesses at the fair.
0030HD0209. Stonham and Edward Jones stands at the business fair.
You may also want to watch:
Photos: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line