Ely Standard Business Awards winners Ellgia Recycling strengthens management board to achieve further growth
- Credit: Archant
Ely Standard Business Awards winners and independent commercial waste management company Ellgia Recycling has appointed two high profile directors.
Cameron Murdoch, technical director and Jack Lavington, operations director, both have a wealth of knowledge to help support Ellgia to continue its rapid growth and oversee the three sites in Ely, Boston and Scunthorpe.
The commercial waste management company has seen significant growth in just five years since launch.
Mr Murdoch has more than 25 years’ operational and consulting experience and a unique combination of technical and business skills.
He has worked as a process engineer, a technical expert, a management consultant and a senior leader in several world-class organisations, including the United Nations Development Programme, the Global Environmental Facility and the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lavington joins Ellgia from Certas Energy, where he was director of operations for England and Wales.
He has enjoyed a 25-year career within the waste management and environmental sector in top commercial and operational positions.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
Steve Crook, managing director of Ellgia, said: “Jack and Cameron are extremely talented people and they will be invaluable to Ellgia. We are very much looking forward to having them as part of the team. The combined knowledge and skills they have amassed from senior positions is phenomenal.
“Our Board is now in an excellent place to ensure that Ellgia goes from strength to strength and build on its position as a core competitive force in the market.”