Ely Post Office closed indefinitely, despite bosses ‘working hard to restore service’
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Ely is still closed – despite a notice in the window of the store saying it would re-open yesterday (17).
The city’s only office, on High Street, was closed on Monday (16) due to “problems with locks,” according to a shop front notice.
The notice promised the shop would re-open on Tuesday but it remains closed today and customers have been advised to use alternative branches in Witchford and Little Downham – both of which are three miles away.
A Post Office spokesman said: “A Post Office spokesman said: “We had hoped that Ely Post Office would re-open today (18), but that did not happen.
“Ely has unfortunately temporarily closed due to operational reasons.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure customers that we will seek to restore a Post Office service in Ely as soon as possible.
“Post Office would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of the branch.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
The Post Office is still without a postmaster – a role that has now been vacant for over eight months.