Ely Post Office closed indefinitely, despite bosses ‘working hard to restore service’
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Ely is still closed – despite a notice in the window of the store saying it would re-open yesterday (17).
The city’s only office, on High Street, was closed on Monday (16) due to “problems with locks,” according to a shop front notice.
The notice promised the shop would re-open on Tuesday but it remains closed today and customers have been advised to use alternative branches in Witchford and Little Downham – both of which are three miles away.
A Post Office spokesman said: “A Post Office spokesman said: “We had hoped that Ely Post Office would re-open today (18), but that did not happen.
“Ely has unfortunately temporarily closed due to operational reasons.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure customers that we will seek to restore a Post Office service in Ely as soon as possible.
“Post Office would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of the branch.”
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 5 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
The Post Office is still without a postmaster – a role that has now been vacant for over eight months.