Ely Post Office closed indefinitely, despite bosses ‘working hard to restore service’
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Ely is still closed – despite a notice in the window of the store saying it would re-open yesterday (17).
The city’s only office, on High Street, was closed on Monday (16) due to “problems with locks,” according to a shop front notice.
The notice promised the shop would re-open on Tuesday but it remains closed today and customers have been advised to use alternative branches in Witchford and Little Downham – both of which are three miles away.
A Post Office spokesman said: “A Post Office spokesman said: “We had hoped that Ely Post Office would re-open today (18), but that did not happen.
“Ely has unfortunately temporarily closed due to operational reasons.
“We would like to reassure customers that we will seek to restore a Post Office service in Ely as soon as possible.
“Post Office would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of the branch.”
- 1 ‘They looked fabulous’ - school’s first off-site prom a huge success
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 7 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 8 Man accused of shoplifting £3,000 of printer ink to stand trial next year
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
The Post Office is still without a postmaster – a role that has now been vacant for over eight months.