Ely Post Office closed indefinitely, despite bosses ‘working hard to restore service’
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Ely is still closed – despite a notice in the window of the store saying it would re-open yesterday (17).
The city’s only office, on High Street, was closed on Monday (16) due to “problems with locks,” according to a shop front notice.
The notice promised the shop would re-open on Tuesday but it remains closed today and customers have been advised to use alternative branches in Witchford and Little Downham – both of which are three miles away.
A Post Office spokesman said: “A Post Office spokesman said: “We had hoped that Ely Post Office would re-open today (18), but that did not happen.
“Ely has unfortunately temporarily closed due to operational reasons.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to reassure customers that we will seek to restore a Post Office service in Ely as soon as possible.
“Post Office would like to apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of the branch.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
The Post Office is still without a postmaster – a role that has now been vacant for over eight months.