Ely pizza parlour’s plans to open late met with objections
A FAST food restaurant’s plans to extend its opening hours have been met with a series of objections from neighbours and officials.
Domino’s Pizza, in St Mary’s Street, was granted permission to open until 11pm by the council back in November 2010 but the owners applied to planners back in August to extend the hours until 1am on Friday and Saturday evenings, their peak period.
In the submission to East Cambs District Council, Dominos insisted that the branch would not open to the public past 11pm; however, delivery drivers would be able to continue using the premises until 1am.
Domino’s said: “In order to prevent any extra traffic, all delivery drivers will enter and leave using the front entrance, keeping noise to a minimum as this will not affect the residents to the side and behind the store.
“Delivery drivers will be able to park their cars in the designated car-parking spaces in front of the store and will be instructed to leave and enter their vehicles quietly and considerately, not to leave their engines running and to not play music in their cars.”
You may also want to watch:
The City of Ely Council was among a series of objectors to the plans however, telling officials: “The council recommends refusal of this application due to the impact on the environment in a primarily residential area.”
A neighbour of the restaurant, in St Mary’s Street, added: “The doors of the premises are often slammed shut. The building is old and this means that the sound and vibration caused can be felt and heard.”
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
The district council’s environmental health officer also expressed concern about the impact of the late opening on neighbours.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next four weeks.