Ely Fudge Company prepares for Easter with new collection
- Credit: Ely Fudge Company
With just over a month to go until Easter (April 17) a sweet shop in Ely has revealed what it will be selling this year as part of its Easter collection.
Ely Fudge Company owned by Jes Gingell and her mum Louise in 31 Market Place revealed last week that some of its customers well-known favourites are back for another year.
“Easter is a particularly fun time for us at the shop as it heralds the start of the Cadbury’s Crème Egg fudge making season,” said Jes.
“Super gooey and full of crème eggs, whatever the season it flies off the shelves, and this year is the first time for two years where we can enjoy trading to the full again.”
She added: “Mini Egg fudge and Malteser Madness fudge will also be making a return soon to complete our Easter collection.”
Jes and Louise started Ely Fudge Company back in July 2015 and it didn’t take long for their crumbly traditionally made fudge to become a favourite with locals and tourists.
Full of ‘delicious aromas’ of freshly made fudge, the shop has many classic and modern flavours that are always on display to “tempt everyone”.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Most recently, a champagne and strawberries fudge flavour was created especially for Valentine's Day.
“The emphasis is on making English creamy and crumbly fudge using traditional methods,” said Jes.
“It’s all made in front of our customers and we’re usually asked several questions as people watch and see how amazing fudge making can be.”
As well as selling the fudge, Ely Fudge Company now stocks an array of handmade chocolate treats and locally produced Aromi Gelato.
“That’s also making a return this month (March), so there is a sweet treat or two for everyone,” said Jes.
On hearing about the return of Ely Fudge Company’s Easter collection on Facebook, several individuals have already said they’ll be making the trip to purchase the Cadbury’s Crème Egg flavour.
One person said: “Omg this is the absolute best. I will be over soon” while another added “Oh my yes, I’ll have to get some of this!”
Ely Fudge Company is now open seven days a week – Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm, Saturday 9am-5:30pm and Sunday 10am-4pm.