Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- Credit: Guzel Miroslavov / Nicky
A newly opened food shop in Ely Market Place has been praised online for its variety of stock, especially during a time where there is a food shortage warning.
Ely Food Centre, an international supermarket ran by Guzel Miroslavov, has been open for just under two months.
The shop sells a variety of foods from different countries, but also foods you’d find in UK supermarkets.
Guzel’s shelves are fully stocked up, even though logistics and food supply chain experts say the ‘UK is facing a crisis due to the lack of HGV drivers.’
Guzel proudly posted photos of his new business online, leaving him with positive feedback.
One person said: “As an English shopper, it’s nice to try different foods as well as being able to get what I need at a sensible price.”
“It really is a great shop – lovely veg and gorgeous cakes,” said another.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 7 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
The store is open Monday-Saturday 8am-10pm and Sundays 8am-9pm.