Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- Credit: Guzel Miroslavov / Nicky
A newly opened food shop in Ely Market Place has been praised online for its variety of stock, especially during a time where there is a food shortage warning.
Ely Food Centre, an international supermarket ran by Guzel Miroslavov, has been open for just under two months.
The shop sells a variety of foods from different countries, but also foods you’d find in UK supermarkets.
Guzel’s shelves are fully stocked up, even though logistics and food supply chain experts say the ‘UK is facing a crisis due to the lack of HGV drivers.’
Guzel proudly posted photos of his new business online, leaving him with positive feedback.
You may also want to watch:
One person said: “As an English shopper, it’s nice to try different foods as well as being able to get what I need at a sensible price.”
“It really is a great shop – lovely veg and gorgeous cakes,” said another.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The store is open Monday-Saturday 8am-10pm and Sundays 8am-9pm.