Former Ely city-centre convenience store goes up for rent
- Credit: Archant
An Ely shop in a prominent city-centre location is up for rent.
29 High Street – formally Ely Premier Convenience Store – is being marketed by Cambridge-based agents, Robinson Layer.
The 2,000 sq ft store is up for rent by a private family landlord who is looking for a rent of £45,000 a year on a new lease.
Jonathan Lager, of Robinson Layer, said: “Contrary to dire warnings from other parts of the country this region has not seen a surplus of vacant shops.
“Many applicants complain of a shortage of suitable retail premises but Ely has clearly benefitted from this level of demand. This shop is one of three on which we have just been instructed.
You may also want to watch:
“The other two are in Newmarket and March, and all three are in popular high street positions, with a good level of initial interest already from both private traders and multiples. Demand for retail units has held up strongly over the past three or four years.
“Hopefully, these three town centre opportunities will help ease the situation for those searching for suitable premises.”
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen