Former Ely city-centre convenience store goes up for rent
- Credit: Archant
An Ely shop in a prominent city-centre location is up for rent.
29 High Street – formally Ely Premier Convenience Store – is being marketed by Cambridge-based agents, Robinson Layer.
The 2,000 sq ft store is up for rent by a private family landlord who is looking for a rent of £45,000 a year on a new lease.
Jonathan Lager, of Robinson Layer, said: “Contrary to dire warnings from other parts of the country this region has not seen a surplus of vacant shops.
“Many applicants complain of a shortage of suitable retail premises but Ely has clearly benefitted from this level of demand. This shop is one of three on which we have just been instructed.
“The other two are in Newmarket and March, and all three are in popular high street positions, with a good level of initial interest already from both private traders and multiples. Demand for retail units has held up strongly over the past three or four years.
“Hopefully, these three town centre opportunities will help ease the situation for those searching for suitable premises.”
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 7 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 8 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 9 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 10 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires