Former Ely city-centre convenience store goes up for rent
- Credit: Archant
An Ely shop in a prominent city-centre location is up for rent.
29 High Street – formally Ely Premier Convenience Store – is being marketed by Cambridge-based agents, Robinson Layer.
The 2,000 sq ft store is up for rent by a private family landlord who is looking for a rent of £45,000 a year on a new lease.
Jonathan Lager, of Robinson Layer, said: “Contrary to dire warnings from other parts of the country this region has not seen a surplus of vacant shops.
“Many applicants complain of a shortage of suitable retail premises but Ely has clearly benefitted from this level of demand. This shop is one of three on which we have just been instructed.
You may also want to watch:
“The other two are in Newmarket and March, and all three are in popular high street positions, with a good level of initial interest already from both private traders and multiples. Demand for retail units has held up strongly over the past three or four years.
“Hopefully, these three town centre opportunities will help ease the situation for those searching for suitable premises.”
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal