Ely business teams up with MasterChef finalist to launch new cafe lounge
- Credit: Archant
Spa Ely has teamed up with a MasterChef finalist to open a new café in the city.
From its base in Fore Hill, which is already home to Spa ely, Café Ely will combine the quality coffee of Grey Seal Coffee Roastery and the delicately crafted macarons of MasterChef finalist Tim Kinnaird.
Caroline Bailey, owner of Spa Ely, said: “We are so excited to be bringing a first class, quality coffee concept to our wonderful city.”
Mrs Bailey will run the outlet with the help of business partner Caroline Arkless.
Inspired by their European travel, the duo have been busy sourcing coffee which is locally roasted using the finest beans from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
In their pursuit to bring the finest patisserie to Ely, they have be fortunate to team up with Kinnaird, who starred in the hit BBC series in 2010.
Doors will open at 3pm on Friday, July 18, where all these treats will be on show. The café lounge will officially open for business from 9am the following day.
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
In addition, to the wonderful lounge, the venue will also be offering a take away and gift service.