Ely business teams up with MasterChef finalist to launch new cafe lounge
- Credit: Archant
Spa Ely has teamed up with a MasterChef finalist to open a new café in the city.
From its base in Fore Hill, which is already home to Spa ely, Café Ely will combine the quality coffee of Grey Seal Coffee Roastery and the delicately crafted macarons of MasterChef finalist Tim Kinnaird.
Caroline Bailey, owner of Spa Ely, said: “We are so excited to be bringing a first class, quality coffee concept to our wonderful city.”
Mrs Bailey will run the outlet with the help of business partner Caroline Arkless.
Inspired by their European travel, the duo have been busy sourcing coffee which is locally roasted using the finest beans from around the world.
In their pursuit to bring the finest patisserie to Ely, they have be fortunate to team up with Kinnaird, who starred in the hit BBC series in 2010.
Doors will open at 3pm on Friday, July 18, where all these treats will be on show. The café lounge will officially open for business from 9am the following day.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
In addition, to the wonderful lounge, the venue will also be offering a take away and gift service.