Ely business teams up with MasterChef finalist to launch new cafe lounge
- Credit: Archant
Spa Ely has teamed up with a MasterChef finalist to open a new café in the city.
From its base in Fore Hill, which is already home to Spa ely, Café Ely will combine the quality coffee of Grey Seal Coffee Roastery and the delicately crafted macarons of MasterChef finalist Tim Kinnaird.
Caroline Bailey, owner of Spa Ely, said: “We are so excited to be bringing a first class, quality coffee concept to our wonderful city.”
Mrs Bailey will run the outlet with the help of business partner Caroline Arkless.
Inspired by their European travel, the duo have been busy sourcing coffee which is locally roasted using the finest beans from around the world.
In their pursuit to bring the finest patisserie to Ely, they have be fortunate to team up with Kinnaird, who starred in the hit BBC series in 2010.
Doors will open at 3pm on Friday, July 18, where all these treats will be on show. The café lounge will officially open for business from 9am the following day.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
In addition, to the wonderful lounge, the venue will also be offering a take away and gift service.