Ely branch of Clinton Cards is saved from closure
THE Clinton Cards store in Ely has been saved after administrators agree to sell part of the UK’s largest card retailer.
Clinton Cards, which fell into administration last month, has been sold to Lakeshore Lending Limited, a subsidiary of US card retailer American Greetings.
The sale comprises the brands and assets of Clinton Cards, including 397 stores, and will preserve approximately 4,500 jobs across the UK.
The shop in High Street is among the 397 bought by the group.
Speaking about the sale last Thursday, Zolfo Cooper partner Peter Saville said: “We have always been of the view that despite an intensely competitive retail environment and what proved to be excessively ambitious expansion plans in recent years, there was a strong underlying business contained within Clinton Cards.
“The significant number of credible expressions of interest we received for the business we have sold today, from both trade and financial buyers alike, is testament to this fact.
“We would like to thank the staff for their dedication and patience throughout what has been an understandably difficult time for all concerned and we wish both them and the new owners of the business every success for the future.”
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
Zolfo Cooper added that it would still welcome interest on the sale of stores not included in Lakeshore’s portfolio.