Ely based Potter Logistics round off their 50th year celebrations over three days at the St Leger festival, Doncaster
- Credit: Archant
Ely based Potter Logistics rounded off their 50th year celebrations over three days at the St Leger festival at Doncaster racecourse.
The big finale saw more than 400 friends, family, customers and staff attending at the historic Town Moor course.
Potter Logistics sponsored two races in the festival - the 50 Glorious Years Handicap stakes won by Bronze Angel on St Leger day and the Margaret and Derrick 50 Golden Years Handicap won by Blue Waltz on Ladies day.
Derek Potter, executive chairman, said: “The three days were a huge success! The Potter Family and the board of directors would like to thank all the staff, clients and suppliers who have supported us and the business over the past 50 years.”
In 1965 Derrick Potter, executive chairman, started in business with one yellow lorry and great ambitions. Fifty years later Potter Logistics now operates from eight distribution centres and rail freight terminals employing more than 300 staff and its yellow trucks make hundreds of deliveries every day.
The company provides specialist logistics solutions focusing on the chemical, agricultural, pharmaceutical and food industries.
Potter Logistics operates six distribution centres located in Droitwich, Ely, Knowsley, Ripon, Selby and York.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told