Ely Apprentice Receives Rotary Award
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential. Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water l
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential.
Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water last August where course modules included the fundamentals and ethics of leadership, importance of communications skills in effective leadership, problem solving and conflict management, what the Rotary is and what it does for the local community, building self-confidence and self-esteem and elements of community and global citizenship.
Toby recently addressed Rotary members recalling his Graffham Water experiences, at their weekly meeting.
It is imperative that Rotary identifies and encourages young people to develop their leadership skills and to give generously of their time and effort to serve their communities.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Grabham receiving his RYLA certificate from Tony Brady, president of The Rotary Club of Ely.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments