Ely Apprentice Receives Rotary Award
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential. Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water l
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential.
Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water last August where course modules included the fundamentals and ethics of leadership, importance of communications skills in effective leadership, problem solving and conflict management, what the Rotary is and what it does for the local community, building self-confidence and self-esteem and elements of community and global citizenship.
Toby recently addressed Rotary members recalling his Graffham Water experiences, at their weekly meeting.
It is imperative that Rotary identifies and encourages young people to develop their leadership skills and to give generously of their time and effort to serve their communities.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Grabham receiving his RYLA certificate from Tony Brady, president of The Rotary Club of Ely.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go