Ely Apprentice Receives Rotary Award
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential. Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water l
TOBY Grabham of Ely has won the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), designed to develop the leadership skills of young people with potential.
Toby, an apprentice with Michell Instruments in Ely, was selected to attend the 2009 course at Graffham Water last August where course modules included the fundamentals and ethics of leadership, importance of communications skills in effective leadership, problem solving and conflict management, what the Rotary is and what it does for the local community, building self-confidence and self-esteem and elements of community and global citizenship.
Toby recently addressed Rotary members recalling his Graffham Water experiences, at their weekly meeting.
It is imperative that Rotary identifies and encourages young people to develop their leadership skills and to give generously of their time and effort to serve their communities.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Grabham receiving his RYLA certificate from Tony Brady, president of The Rotary Club of Ely.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland