Election hopeful in Ely to mark first Small Business Saturday event
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Frazer joined the Federation of Small Businesses in Ely at the weekend for the inaugural Small Business Saturday event.
Mrs Frazer, the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for South East Cambridgeshire, visited Ely Interiors, in Chequer Lane, to see the bespoke furniture and decorative items on offer.
She also stopped in at Octagon Studios, in Ely’s High Street, to see their great dance studio and Cambridge Philatelic Auctions, in Fore Hill.
Lucy Frazer said “Small businesses are the vital in this growing economy and we must do what we can to support them. I am pleased that in the autumn statement the Chancellor announced that he will again extend the doubling of small business rate relief for a further year from April 2015.
“This means that 385,000 small businesses will pay no rates at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy added “I have met with over 50 businesses in the area and look forward to meeting many more so I can understand their plans for the future and how I can best support them.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series