Election hopeful in Ely to mark first Small Business Saturday event
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Frazer joined the Federation of Small Businesses in Ely at the weekend for the inaugural Small Business Saturday event.
Mrs Frazer, the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for South East Cambridgeshire, visited Ely Interiors, in Chequer Lane, to see the bespoke furniture and decorative items on offer.
She also stopped in at Octagon Studios, in Ely’s High Street, to see their great dance studio and Cambridge Philatelic Auctions, in Fore Hill.
Lucy Frazer said “Small businesses are the vital in this growing economy and we must do what we can to support them. I am pleased that in the autumn statement the Chancellor announced that he will again extend the doubling of small business rate relief for a further year from April 2015.
“This means that 385,000 small businesses will pay no rates at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy added “I have met with over 50 businesses in the area and look forward to meeting many more so I can understand their plans for the future and how I can best support them.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers