Record-breaking start to 2018 for Ely company Eazipay Ltd
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based direct debit company Eazipay Ltd is celebrating a record-breaking start to the year having processed over £156 million worth of direct debits on behalf of its clients in the first quarter of 2018.
Just over £132 million was processed over the same period in 2017 - an 18 per cent increase of almost £25 million.
Eazipay, based at Lancaster Way Business Park, collects and processes direct debit payments on behalf of SMEs – companies which are too small to be considered a ‘safe-bet’ by banks.
Luisa Grey, a director at Eazipay, said: “Small to medium enterprises are the backbone of the UK economy.
“And yet, because of their size, turnover and length of time they have been trading, together with the perceived risk they pose, small companies frequently find themselves prevented from collecting monies they are owed by direct debit.
You may also want to watch:
“This puts them at a huge disadvantage and has a negative impact on their cash-flow.”
In April, Eazipay processed over £51 million worth of direct debits - an increase of over £10 million on the same month in 2017.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
For more information visit www.eazipay.co.uk