Record-breaking start to 2018 for Ely company Eazipay Ltd
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based direct debit company Eazipay Ltd is celebrating a record-breaking start to the year having processed over £156 million worth of direct debits on behalf of its clients in the first quarter of 2018.
Just over £132 million was processed over the same period in 2017 - an 18 per cent increase of almost £25 million.
Eazipay, based at Lancaster Way Business Park, collects and processes direct debit payments on behalf of SMEs – companies which are too small to be considered a ‘safe-bet’ by banks.
Luisa Grey, a director at Eazipay, said: “Small to medium enterprises are the backbone of the UK economy.
“And yet, because of their size, turnover and length of time they have been trading, together with the perceived risk they pose, small companies frequently find themselves prevented from collecting monies they are owed by direct debit.
You may also want to watch:
“This puts them at a huge disadvantage and has a negative impact on their cash-flow.”
In April, Eazipay processed over £51 million worth of direct debits - an increase of over £10 million on the same month in 2017.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 10 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
For more information visit www.eazipay.co.uk