Record-breaking start to 2018 for Ely company Eazipay Ltd
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based direct debit company Eazipay Ltd is celebrating a record-breaking start to the year having processed over £156 million worth of direct debits on behalf of its clients in the first quarter of 2018.
Just over £132 million was processed over the same period in 2017 - an 18 per cent increase of almost £25 million.
Eazipay, based at Lancaster Way Business Park, collects and processes direct debit payments on behalf of SMEs – companies which are too small to be considered a ‘safe-bet’ by banks.
Luisa Grey, a director at Eazipay, said: “Small to medium enterprises are the backbone of the UK economy.
“And yet, because of their size, turnover and length of time they have been trading, together with the perceived risk they pose, small companies frequently find themselves prevented from collecting monies they are owed by direct debit.
You may also want to watch:
“This puts them at a huge disadvantage and has a negative impact on their cash-flow.”
In April, Eazipay processed over £51 million worth of direct debits - an increase of over £10 million on the same month in 2017.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
For more information visit www.eazipay.co.uk