Apprentice hub from East Cambridgeshire District Council to be launched at careers and skills fair
- Credit: Archant
Back by popular demand, East Cambs Careers & Skills Fair is returning to Ely Cathedral on October 9.
Now in its fifth year, the fair has continued to grow and draw attention from local schools and businesses alike. Last year’s event saw 800 students from schools and colleges throughout the district visit and for the first time this year, primary school children will be attending the fair.
The 2018 event will see East Cambridgeshire District Council launch a new apprenticeship hub at the event which is a website designed to connect local employers, apprentices and training providers.
Emma Grima, commercial director at East Cambridgeshire District Council said: “Events like this are really useful for young people who are keen to explore the many different avenues people take after school. The event will enable students to learn more about the working world as well as allow them to demonstrate their networking skills in a professional capacity.”
Nikki Pritchett, who is a work-related learning coordinator from Ely College, said: “It has been great to see how useful the students have found this day and the feedback we’ve had from them has been really positive. Fairs like this really help to open their eyes to the opportunities available to them and help students to consider paths they might not have considered before.”
You may also want to watch:
The fair is sponsored by The Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach, Thorlabs, West Suffolk College, Enterprise East Cambridgeshire, The Employability Partnership, Shearline Precision Engineering Ltd and Tesco, who will also be exhibiting.
Speaking about last year’s event, Rebecca Sussex, business and education Development Manager from the Skills Service said “We are extremely pleased that the skills fair continues to be so well supported. The students really enjoyed the day and we hope that it’s helped to guide them towards a fulfilling future career.”
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
If your business would like to sponsor an aspect of the Careers & Skills Fair contact Rebecca Findley, marketing officer at Enterprise East Cambridgeshire on firstname.lastname@example.org