EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: The Mane Trade wins Judges Award
UNISEX hair salon The Mane Trade, of Stretham, received special recognition by taking home the Judges Award.
The Judges Award is presented to an individual or company which has not won a category but that the judges felt needed special recognition.
Peter Watts, of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, the awards’ chief judge, said: “The judges were impressed with the level of planning and research which has resulted in a sound business with a clear understanding of its market place and the service it provides, delivering real benefit to its customers.”
Mr Watts praised the high standard of this year’s entries and said the judges had a difficult task to decide the winners.
He said: “All the finalists are highly commended, however we can only present one award for each category.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to you all and hopefully you are encouraged to enter in the future.”
Mr Watts also thanked the Ely Standard and its parent company, Archant Herts and Cambs, for organising the awards for the fourth time.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
“Without them we would not be able to recognise the achievements of businesses in the East Cambs area,” he said.