EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: The Mane Trade wins Judges Award
UNISEX hair salon The Mane Trade, of Stretham, received special recognition by taking home the Judges Award.
The Judges Award is presented to an individual or company which has not won a category but that the judges felt needed special recognition.
Peter Watts, of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, the awards’ chief judge, said: “The judges were impressed with the level of planning and research which has resulted in a sound business with a clear understanding of its market place and the service it provides, delivering real benefit to its customers.”
Mr Watts praised the high standard of this year’s entries and said the judges had a difficult task to decide the winners.
He said: “All the finalists are highly commended, however we can only present one award for each category.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to you all and hopefully you are encouraged to enter in the future.”
Mr Watts also thanked the Ely Standard and its parent company, Archant Herts and Cambs, for organising the awards for the fourth time.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
“Without them we would not be able to recognise the achievements of businesses in the East Cambs area,” he said.