EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: The Mane Trade wins Judges Award
UNISEX hair salon The Mane Trade, of Stretham, received special recognition by taking home the Judges Award.
The Judges Award is presented to an individual or company which has not won a category but that the judges felt needed special recognition.
Peter Watts, of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, the awards’ chief judge, said: “The judges were impressed with the level of planning and research which has resulted in a sound business with a clear understanding of its market place and the service it provides, delivering real benefit to its customers.”
Mr Watts praised the high standard of this year’s entries and said the judges had a difficult task to decide the winners.
He said: “All the finalists are highly commended, however we can only present one award for each category.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to you all and hopefully you are encouraged to enter in the future.”
Mr Watts also thanked the Ely Standard and its parent company, Archant Herts and Cambs, for organising the awards for the fourth time.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
“Without them we would not be able to recognise the achievements of businesses in the East Cambs area,” he said.