EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Michael van der Merwe of Quotient wins Business Person of the Year Award
MICHAEL van der Merwe inspired radical improvements at an already flourishing business - and his efforts won him the Business Person of the Year Award.
Michael, associate director of business development at Quotient, has won numerous new clients, but his key success comes from team-working and a keen focus on long-term relationship building.
He developed the relationship with the company’s largest client, which started in 2004 with modest initial contracts.
The judges said: “Michael has combined technical knowledge with financial acumen and business flair to produce a radical improvement in an already flourishing business.
“The process and approach he has developed has very favourable implications for the business outside his present area of responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“A deserving winner from a field of very strong candidates.”
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
STEVE ELLIS, SE ELECTRICAL SERVICES
Steve’s business has gone from running at a loss to generating a profit in the last year thanks to a self-run promotional campaign. He has also taken on a work experience apprentice.
RICHARD GREY, GREY’S OF ELY
The managing director was named UK Coach Driver of the Year at the UK Coach Rally and has led the company’s acquisition of some significant corporate accounts.
SUREYA LANDINI, BLUE DONKEY LTD
Managing director Sureya Landini founded the company as a result of frustration of the telemarketing industry’s poor reputation and poor practice and has been instrumental in addressing major issues within the industry.