EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Last call for entries for 2013 competition
- Credit: Archant
A LAST-minute surge to attract even more entries to our fifth Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards has begun.
On Friday, October 4, an audience of finalists and sponsors from local businesses of all sizes will gather at Ely Cathedral to celebrate the achievements of businesses within Fenland.
But the closing date is next Friday – so don’t delay and submit your entry through our business awards website, www.elybusinessawards.co.uk
The awards are run by this newspaper in association with N&C Glass.
Ely Standard editor John Elworthy said: “In some categories there has been a strong entry but we would like to see some others challenged more strongly.
“The deadline is looming and we also appreciate some firms find it time consuming to set aside an hour or so to complete an entry.
“But I promise them that the rewards will amply justify their efforts.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
“Every time I speak to a previous winner of one of our awards they tell me they have benefited from being associated with the awards.”
Mr Elworthy said any individual or company needing help or advice on entering the awards is most welcome to call him in the coming days on 01354 661915.
“Times are tough so we can understand people’s reluctance to commit but I would urge them to reconsider,” he said.
“Besides, there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain. And the finals night is a highlight of the year.”
This year, we have 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries.
Some of the most keenly contested awards from previous years return, including Business Person of the Year, Small Business of the Year, Medium Business of the Year and New Business of the Year.
A new category in this year’s competition is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to the communities in which they are based without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
Our hunt for East Cambridgeshire’s business stars of the future continues with the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, while the companies that use the internet to the maximum of its capability will be recognised by the Website of the Year award.
A ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year.