EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Labour Tech Recruitment wins Small Business of the Year award
A MAJOR re-structuring of the business has led to a predicted record turnover of �1.6million for 2012 - and now the Small Business of the Year award.
Labour Tech, based in Ely, has also expanded into the agricultural, engineering, administration and catering sectors.
The judges said: “Despite adverse marketing conditions Labour Tech Recruitment has continued to grow by restructuring the business, diversifying into other business sectors and investing in new initiatives.
“Its diversification strategy has increased revenue and raised their profile as recruitment experts through partnerships with local organisations.”
SPOILT ROTTEN BEADS
Has grown from a one-woman venture in a spare room to a business that employs seven people with a turnover of more than �500,000.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 10 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
It was voted the country’s best bead store for 2012, as voted by the readers of Beads & Beyond Magazine.
PRESTO AUDIO VISUAL LTD
The web design agency has delivered a number of new websites this year, with sales in excess of �100,000 per annum and an operating profit of more than 58 per cent.
The company is now looking to recruit an apprentice.
The order fulfilment company handles distribution for small to medium-sized businesses and aims to save customers time and money spent on warehousing, staffing and despatching costs.