EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Grey’s of Ely wins Business Website of the Year award
LIVE vehicle tracking is just one feature of Grey’s website which helped it stand out from the rest of this year’s entries.
A mobile version of the Witchford coach company’s website also launched earlier this year. At the same time, all of its vehicles were equipped with QR (quick response) codes which provide clients with information about each vehicle.
The judges said: “The website is clear and easy to navigate and the live vehicle tracking facility is really state-of-the-art.
“It is not surprising that the Grey’s of Ely website has had such a positive impact on business.”
You may also want to watch:
LABOUR TECH RECRUITMENT
Its new website launched in February and includes areas of advice for clients and candidates as well as interview and CV advice and templates.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
It has resulted in a massive increase in the amount of candidates registering on the site - from a handful per year to about six every week.
NEAVES AND NEAT
A rebranded website went live in January. It is more user-friendly, helps jobseekers and employers communicate more effectively with the team and has resulted in a significant increase in the number of enquiries and CV submissions.
GROVEMERE PROPERTY LTD
Its new website includes a ‘property available’ section, a car share forum for people working on the business park and a latest news section.
It has led to a vast upturn in lettings and a contract with BT Openreach for a fibre optic exchange, enabling superfast broadband on the park from early next year.