EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Cambridge Commodities crowned Medium Business of the Year
THE judges described Cambridge Commodities, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, as a fine example of a progressive business making significant but sustainable growth.
Having moved into larger premises last year to cope with increasing demand, Cambridge Commodities is now expanding into the export
A French sales manager has already been recruited, with German and Dutch sales teams to follow.
The judges said: “Cambridge Commodities provides a highly commendable example of a progressive and modern business which has made significant but sustainable growth.
You may also want to watch:
“Upon expanding into new premises at the beginning of this year, the company has seen major progress by way of extension into new markets of its innovative and specialised nutrient product range.
“It is a young and technically adept business, which places considerable value on quality of service to customers and the importance of its staff at all levels.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
“This business is very well placed to build on the outstanding year of growth it has seen in 2012.”
GREY’S OF ELY
The family-run business has increased net profit by more than 33 per cent compared to last year and secured four multi-year contracts with Cambridge Regional College. A green campaign is also under way.
FORCES RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The company has smashed its turnover targets and has re-forecast its business plan to cope with expansion.
It has also been recognised in all three national industry awards in 2012.
The award-winning business-to-business telemarketing company pioneered the concept of unscripted, intelligent telemarketing and has created a showcase of success for leading global brands.