EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Cambridge Commodities crowned Medium Business of the Year
THE judges described Cambridge Commodities, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, as a fine example of a progressive business making significant but sustainable growth.
Having moved into larger premises last year to cope with increasing demand, Cambridge Commodities is now expanding into the export
A French sales manager has already been recruited, with German and Dutch sales teams to follow.
The judges said: “Cambridge Commodities provides a highly commendable example of a progressive and modern business which has made significant but sustainable growth.
You may also want to watch:
“Upon expanding into new premises at the beginning of this year, the company has seen major progress by way of extension into new markets of its innovative and specialised nutrient product range.
“It is a young and technically adept business, which places considerable value on quality of service to customers and the importance of its staff at all levels.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
“This business is very well placed to build on the outstanding year of growth it has seen in 2012.”
GREY’S OF ELY
The family-run business has increased net profit by more than 33 per cent compared to last year and secured four multi-year contracts with Cambridge Regional College. A green campaign is also under way.
FORCES RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The company has smashed its turnover targets and has re-forecast its business plan to cope with expansion.
It has also been recognised in all three national industry awards in 2012.
The award-winning business-to-business telemarketing company pioneered the concept of unscripted, intelligent telemarketing and has created a showcase of success for leading global brands.