EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Cambridge Commodities crowned Medium Business of the Year
THE judges described Cambridge Commodities, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, as a fine example of a progressive business making significant but sustainable growth.
Having moved into larger premises last year to cope with increasing demand, Cambridge Commodities is now expanding into the export
A French sales manager has already been recruited, with German and Dutch sales teams to follow.
The judges said: “Cambridge Commodities provides a highly commendable example of a progressive and modern business which has made significant but sustainable growth.
You may also want to watch:
“Upon expanding into new premises at the beginning of this year, the company has seen major progress by way of extension into new markets of its innovative and specialised nutrient product range.
“It is a young and technically adept business, which places considerable value on quality of service to customers and the importance of its staff at all levels.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
“This business is very well placed to build on the outstanding year of growth it has seen in 2012.”
GREY’S OF ELY
The family-run business has increased net profit by more than 33 per cent compared to last year and secured four multi-year contracts with Cambridge Regional College. A green campaign is also under way.
FORCES RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The company has smashed its turnover targets and has re-forecast its business plan to cope with expansion.
It has also been recognised in all three national industry awards in 2012.
The award-winning business-to-business telemarketing company pioneered the concept of unscripted, intelligent telemarketing and has created a showcase of success for leading global brands.