EAST CAMBS BUSINESS AWARDS: Cambridge Commodities crowned Medium Business of the Year
THE judges described Cambridge Commodities, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, as a fine example of a progressive business making significant but sustainable growth.
Having moved into larger premises last year to cope with increasing demand, Cambridge Commodities is now expanding into the export
A French sales manager has already been recruited, with German and Dutch sales teams to follow.
The judges said: “Cambridge Commodities provides a highly commendable example of a progressive and modern business which has made significant but sustainable growth.
“Upon expanding into new premises at the beginning of this year, the company has seen major progress by way of extension into new markets of its innovative and specialised nutrient product range.
“It is a young and technically adept business, which places considerable value on quality of service to customers and the importance of its staff at all levels.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
“This business is very well placed to build on the outstanding year of growth it has seen in 2012.”
GREY’S OF ELY
The family-run business has increased net profit by more than 33 per cent compared to last year and secured four multi-year contracts with Cambridge Regional College. A green campaign is also under way.
FORCES RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The company has smashed its turnover targets and has re-forecast its business plan to cope with expansion.
It has also been recognised in all three national industry awards in 2012.
The award-winning business-to-business telemarketing company pioneered the concept of unscripted, intelligent telemarketing and has created a showcase of success for leading global brands.