EAST CAMBRIDGESHIRE BUSINESS AWARDS: Whiting & Partners signs up as award sponsor
- Credit: Archant
WHITING & Partners has become the latest company to pledge its support to the 2013 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards, by sponsoring the Commercial Business of the Year award.
Among the most familiar and respected names in the area’s business circles, Whiting & Partners was founded in 1928 by Walter Whiting, who spotted an opportunity to meet the demands of the area’s thriving farming communities.
More than 80 years on, the independent firm of chartered accountants and business advisers is still firmly rooted in East Anglia with 15 partners and nearly 150 staff in eight locations, including its local base within the Angel Drove Business Park.
Partner Ian Piper, from Whiting’s Ely office, said: “We are delighted to be involved with the Ely Business Awards.
“Everyone is going through a testing and challenging period but we have some long-established businesses plus a raft of exciting entrepreneurial start-ups and they are meeting those challenges.
“The awards allow a comparison of the old against the new and it’s amazing just how much they learn from each other.”
Barbara Nicholas, private client tax partner at the Ely office, specialises in looking after the firm’s personal tax and trust clients.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral
She said: “Our investment in experienced staff and technology enables us to deal with virtually every aspect of personal taxes, regardless of size or complexity, at competitive fee levels.”
Agricultural clients still constitute a significant proportion of Whiting’s client base. However, just as commercial activities have developed and expanded over time, the firm has expanded its commercial portfolio to include manufacturing, service sector and technology-based enterprises.
The firm is a leader in the tax and financial affairs of the construction and consultancy sectors. It also acts as accountants and advisers to a number of clubs and charities.
There is also a growing list of private tax clients, dealing with income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
Barbara and Ian head up a team of about 25 professional and administrative staff, who look after nearly 1,000 business, personal and not-for-profit clients.
For further information visit www.whitingandpartners.co.uk