EAST CAMBRIDGESHIRE BUSINESS AWARDS: Search begins to find district’s top companies and entrepreneurs
- Credit: Archant
OUR search for the best in enterprise starts again as we launch the 2013 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
It is the fifth year of the awards and we are looking to build further on their massive success.
This year we have 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries. All of the categories are highlighted in the panel on this page.
Some of the most keenly contested awards from previous years return, including Business Person of the Year, Small Business of the Year, Medium Business of the Year and New Business of the Year.
A new category in this year’s competition is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to the communities in which they are based without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
Our hunt for East Cambridgeshire’s business stars of the future continues with the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, while the companies that use the internet to the maximum of its capability will be recognised by the Website of the Year award.
A ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 8 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
The award was won in 2009 by Blue Donkey of Ely, in 2010 by G’s Marketing of Barway, and in 2011 and 2012 by Quotient Bioresearch of Fordham.
The awards are run in association with N&C Glass, which also sponsors the new Business in the Community Award.
Category sponsors for 2013 include East Cambridgeshire District Council, Cheffins, Ward Gethin Archer, Quotient Bio Analysis Sciences and Grovemere Property.
Businesses and individuals shortlisted in the categories in the panel on this page will be invited to the awards dinner, which will take place on Friday, October 4.
• Entry forms are available on the awards website, www.elybusinessawards.co.uk – the closing date is July 5.